The ShootProof Lightroom Plugin is a Publish Service that allows you to upload photos and Events/Album structures set up in Lightroom directly to ShootProof. The plugin is compatible with Lightroom 3, 4 or 5, versions 3.6.0 or higher.
Click here to download the .zip file of the ShootProof Lightroom Plugin. Unzip the file and save to your computer.
- Open Lightroom and select File -> Plug-in Manager. Click the Add button, select the unzipped plugin file (the filename will default to shootproof.lrplugin). You should now see the ShootProof plugin with a green dot to indicate that it is active. *Important note - if you have been using a previous version of the Lightroom plugin, you need to 'remove' the old ShootProof plugin in the Plugin Manager area in Lightroom. Also find and delete the old file from your computer.
- Visit the Publish Services area on the left side of Lightroom and click the 'Set Up...' link next to ShootProof. Then you will need to click the option to log in to ShootProof, and authorize your ShootProof account. Follow the on screen instructions to authorize the plugin.
Lightroom plugin - how to install video:
The new ShootProof plugin is a Publish Service, meaning photos and Album structures for Events can be kept in sync and pushed directly from Lightroom to ShootProof.
*Note - if you have any existing Events on ShootProof, they will show up in Lightroom, however, the photos in the Events will not show there because they were not uploaded through the Lightroom Publish Service to ShootProof. Only photos uploaded through the Lightroom Publish Service will show up in Lightroom.
How to create Events, Albums, and upload photos to ShootProof through Lightroom:
Lightroom words for ShootProof functions:
- "Published Collection Set" = "Event" or "Album"
- "Published Collection" = "Photos" in an Event or Album
- "Publish" = "Upload Photos" and "Create Events / Albums"
Tips for the ShootProof Lightroom Publish Service:
- After adding photos to an Event in Lightroom, highlight the Event, then click 'Publish' to upload the photos for that Event/Album to ShootProof
- Renaming an Event or Album in Lightroom will rename the Event or Album in ShootProof
- Replacing a photo in Lightroom with an edited copy can replace the original photo in ShootProof if you keep the filename the same, simply 'Publish' the change
- You can reorder Albums via the 'Manage Photos' page for the Event in ShootProof, Lightroom will always only display them alphanumerically
- Event and Album cover images can be set via the 'Manage Photos' page for the Event in ShootProof after uploading from Lightroom
- Events created/uploaded through Lightroom will initially take on your 'Event Default' settings, visit the 'Settings' for the event to make adjustments
- For Events uploaded through Lightroom, it is always best to add/delete photos/Events/Albums in Lightroom vs directly in ShootProof, then 'Publish' the change
- To sync changes made in ShootProof (such as deleting photos, events or albums), in Lightroom go to 'File' -> 'Plug-in Extras' -> 'Synchronize Events/Albums'
- The Lightroom Publish Service can create an unlimited number of Albums in an Event and they can be up to four levels deep (common for sports events etc.)
- When you 'Publish', changes will only be pushed to ShootProof when a new photo exists for the Event, not simply when you create an empty Album in an Event
- The 'Show on ShootProof' capability to view photos will only work on 'Collections Sets' (Events and Albums), there is no associated web page for a 'Collection'
- To move photos from one Album (Collection Set) to another in Lr, you will need to create a new 'Collection', copy the photos there, then delete the old 'Collection'
- To adjust your export settings such as the image size and quality from Lr, right click on the ShootProof logo in the Publish Services area and click 'Edit Settings'